Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fresh tracks in the snow



I was hoping with the new snow from last night that I'd find some fresh tracks on my walk this morning. I wasn't disappointed. There were fresh ones at the same spot I showed in Friday's posting, starting at the entrance to the burrow near the water's surface on the marsh side, crossing the trail and down the other side. The top shot here shows the burrow entrance with the tracks leading out and up the bank. The bottom photo shows where the tracks ended on the other side of the trail - by the outflow end of the culvert that drains the water from the marsh into the French Basin. Marks left by the creature's tail (I'm guessing a muskrat) are easily seen, coming in from the right edge of the picture and moving towards the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment