Thursday, May 24, 2012

On alert




I know, more shots of the geese.  You might think I'm partial to these common inhabitants of the marsh.  Well, you'd be right.  These are four of the family of five goslings, and the three shots tell a bit of a story.  The three families were feeding alongside the trail again this morning.  Two of the families moved into the water as I approached, but this family remained on the bank, and the young settled down for a rest (top shot).  Then along came a woman with two dogs (on leashes, thankfully), and the goslings sat up prepared to flee (middle photo).  After the dogs had passed, and mom had moved closer, they settled back down again (bottom).

2 comments:

  1. Nice story of the alerted chicks. Love the geese and all the other things you capture with your camera. Please keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Alice. I'll do my best to keep the shots coming.

    ReplyDelete