Friday, June 18, 2010

Crow behavior



There is an osprey platform at the marsh, although I've yet to see it used by ospreys. Seagulls perch there often, as do crows. This morning there were five crows standing on it, and I took a few shots, as I liked the way they were silhouetted against the bright blue sky. When I enlarged the photos in my editing program, I noticed that one of the crows had hold of a long grass stem. It definitely was attempting to do something with the stem, while its comrades seemed to pay no attention. Anyway, by the last shot, no stem in sight. I've become intrigued with crows since I watched a fascinating The Nature of Things program on them some months ago.

1 comment:

  1. One crow sorrow,
    Two crows joy,
    Three crows a letter,
    Four crows a boy,
    Five crows silver,
    Six crows gold,
    Seven crows a story
    never to be told.

    -- Anonymous folk poem

    ReplyDelete