Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Not a pretty sight


This is the scene that met me when I entered the trail this morning (looking back toward the entrance). I could not believe my eyes, and I got more upset the farther I went. The vegetation had been cut back from the path a good five feet on either side, in some places including saplings. It seemed so ironic since I had just commented in this blog on the abundance of life in the vegetation at the sides of the trail.

After seeing this destruction of habitat, I couldn't drum up the enthusiasm to look for wildlife to photograph - except for a young cormorant (what else!), and a group of young Blue-winged Teals.

1 comment:

  1. Was this done by the town crew for some reason, or by some unauthorized people? I agree it is a terrible shame for whatever reason with no concern for the wild life who live there.

    ReplyDelete