Thursday, September 30, 2010

Putting food by



It's been a while since I've gotten a close look at a red squirrel. I've seen them moving about in the tree canopies, and heard their chattering, but nothing close. This morning I saw one run down a big Scots pine tree in the wooden section, and start to move across the ground in my direction. Then he disappeared down a hole! I waited a few seconds, and he came back up and peeked out at me, then moved back into the tree and sat on a low branch watching me. It wasn't until I got the photos into my editing program that I noticed he had an acorn in his mouth, and what he was doing was adding it to his winter's store. (In the top photo, the hole is seen in the lower right corner of the picture. The bottom photo has been put through the 'poster edges' filter to make it less blurry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment