Thursday, October 7, 2010

Uncommon visitor?


I'm pretty sure I saw a Palm Warbler this morning, but there certainly has been a change in the bird population at the marsh over the last week. There are still birds about, but they seem to be more elusive. I stood for some time this morning in front of a stand of gray birches, as I was hearing bird calls, but not seeing much of anything. Then I noticed this bird sitting at eye level just a few feet into the trees. It's a White-throated Sparrow, and a first sighting for me at the marsh - unless the unknown sparrow I posted on Tuesday was a White-throated....

1 comment:

  1. The white throated sparrow was the first songbird I heard when I moved to New Brunswick in 1976, and its call always stirs my heart, as much as a loon's does; it makes me glad to be alive. I have never seen one, so this photo lets me know what to look for. Indeed, it has a white throat. Thanks for your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete