Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bug detective


The wooded section of the trail was alive with birds again this morning, and again I had a hard time trying to catch one still long enough to get a decent shot. While focusing on some Yellow-rumped Warblers high in a pine tree, I happened to look to the side, and there was a little bird in a tree just above my head. It was searching all around a branch like a nuthatch does. I mentally crossed my fingers as I adjusted my camera for a closer shot, and was able to get this photo as it paused for a split-second. After checking my bird guide, I discovered it was a Black-and-white Warbler, probably a female because of the yellow, and probably a migrant. Anyway, another warbler to add to my marsh list.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for telling me about your blog; I will be a regular visitor - Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice and I have been away for seven days. My how much we missed your photo-roundabouts during our time away. We have become Jenkins junkies with this wonderful blog. Thank you so much,Lois, for all the effort involved in the photo narrative of sharing your paradise with us run-o-the-mill naturalists.

    Art White

    ReplyDelete