Saturday, August 21, 2010

Two for the price of one


Well, this was one hectic Saturday, what with the Farmers' & Traders' Market, and the first day of the Arts Council's annual Paint the Town weekend. Some 75 artists from all over the province set up around the town producing artwork which goes up for silent auction at the end of the day. I've taken part myself in previous years. A good opportunity to pick up a nice piece of artwork for a good price (which I managed to do). The weather certainly cooperated.

In addition to walking around checking the various artists at work, I managed to get to the marsh for my daily trek. There were three Great Blue Herons along with the usual ducks on the little island where the geese nested early in the season. Here's two of them striking a perfect photogenic pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment